Segments are specific demographics of your users. They can be based on activity, custom variables, user attributes, etc., and since they are reusable, they are ideal for frequently targeted groups. Segment detail pages would look as follows:
Audiences, like segments, are specific demographics of your users targeted by campaigns.
Segments and Audiences are essentially the same, categorizing your users based on specific attributes. A segment is a group of users that you want to analyze and an audience is a group of users that are targeted by a specific engagement campaign.
The key difference is that audiences include a random selection option, so random users can be targeted for A/B testing.
The ALL SEGMENTS page shows all your user segments. Three segments are loaded by default, these segments are MAGIC SEGMENTS which organize your users by activity. You can create a segment from the menu or the All Segments page. Click on Intelligence, then Create Segment.
Segment/Audience filtering options include:
- Everyone - Includes all current and future users
- First Login - Target users on their first login to your application
- NPS Response - Include users who are/are not a promoter, passive, detractor of an NPS campaign
- User Attributes - Include users based on personalized attributes
- User Attributes Uploaded CSV - Include users from file
- Campaign - Include users who have already seen another campaign
- Tour Step Reached - Include users who have or have not reached a specific step of the selected tour
- Active User Percentage - Include users belonging to accounts determined by percentage of active users
- Internal Users - Include users that are/not marked as internal users
- Sign Up Date - Include users based on their sign-up date
- First Visit - Include users based on the first time they logged in (Segment Only)
- Last Visit - Include users based on the last time they logged in (Segment Only)
- Login Activity - Include users based on when they last logged in
- Browser Version - Include users based on which browser they last used
- Operating System - Include users who are/are not using a specific OS
- Mobile Devices - Segment users that are on a mobile device
- Segment - Include users from another segment
- Feature Usage - Include users that have accessed a specific page or feature
- Account Special Variable - Include users based on custom or third party variables
- Account Attribute - Segment is specific to account level attributes
Use the filters to the left to create a segment. You can toggle the And/Or logic selection as you add filters. Click Save at the bottom of the page. From a campaign, you can access the Audience page with the same filter and functionality.
Viewing Segment Data
For additional information on segment detail pages, please refer to the following article on Segment Detail.