Campaign Status is the designation of the current state. There are five states:
- Paused - default state, not visible to users in your web app.
- Live - active campaigns currently running in your web app.
- Preview - used for testing/troubleshooting, only visible to admins logged into both UserIQ & your web app concurrently.
- Scheduled - a single or multiple schedules, which will control a campaigns visible duration.
- Archived - separate page to store campaigns. (campaigns can be deleted while in archived status)
Campaign Priority is the way UserIQ decides which campaigns to show your customers if there are multiple campaigns on the same page targeting the same kind of customers. If there are multiple campaigns on the same page, UserIQ will only show the topmost campaign that applies to the particular page and customer segment.
Throttle is a global setting under the User Settings that makes it so that customers only see a certain number campaigns before no more campaigns will be shown to them. This is to prevent being regarded as spam.
Frequency is the number of times a single unique campaign will be shown to a user until the user takes a positive action or dismisses the campaign a specified number of times.