Integrating your zendesk account with UserIQ
With the zendesk integration you can see your customers open tickets in UserIQ, the link will take you into the ticket in zendesk.
- In Zendesk Support, click Manage () and then select API in the Channels category.
- Click the OAuth Clients tab on the Channels/API page, and then click the plus icon (+) on the right side of the client list.
- Complete the following fields to create a client:
- Client Name - Enter UserIQ
- Description - Enter Integration with UserIQ or preferred description
- Company - UserIQ.
- Logo - Optional. This is the logo that users will see when asked to grant access to your application. The image can be a JPG, GIF, or PNG. For best results, upload a square image. It will be resized for the authorization page.
- Unique Identifier - Enter useriq
- Redirect URLs - Enter https://app.useriq.com/auth/zendesk/callback
- Click Save.
After the page refreshes, a new pre-populated Secret field appears on the lower side. This is the "client_secret" value specified in the OAuth2 spec.
- Copy the Secret value to your clipboard and save it somewhere safe.
Note: The characters may extend past the width of the text box, so make sure to select everything before copying.
Important: For security reasons, your secret is displayed fully only once.
After clicking Save, you'll only have access to the first nine characters.
- Click Save.
After clicking Save you will only see your API client listed.
In Zendesk Support, click Manage () and then click on Organization Fields. From the list to the right, drag the Text field over to the left.
Enter the text organization_id in the Field key box. You can enter Organization ID in the Field text show to agents box. Then click the button Create field.
Log into UserIQ. Once you are logged in you will need to go to Site Settings, click on your Initials in the upper right corner, then click Site Settings, then on the tabs to the left, click the Integrations tab. Click the Zendesk tab on the left.
Populate the fields with your Zendesk API client data and paste your secret key in the field to the right.
Your Zendesk URL should be in the format of https://yourdomain.zendesk.com.
Your Zendesk Unique ID would be 'useriq' (or the company name you set up for the integration. This is also located at Zendesk -> Gear Icon -> API -> OAuth Clients -> Unique Identifier).
Once you have entered these fields, click the Connect to Zendesk button and make sure the connection works.
Once the connection is made you can map the field organizational_fields > organization_id under Zendesk Customer ID Field, then select how you would like to group tickets.
Please Note that once this is done, you would have to make sure to include each of your accounts' account_id in the Organization ID field you have just created on Zendesk (Manage -> People -> Organizations -> Click into Organization name).
This number should match the Account ID in UserIQ for the same account.
Once the connection is made and the data is passed to UserIQ you will see the number of New, Open, and Closed tickets on the bottom left side of an account.