Do you have Slack and use it for internal communication? Good news! You can now set up an integration between Slack and UserIQ to help you track important alerts from UserIQ events like no login activity, positive or negative NPS responses, and more by sending those directly to a Slack channel. For setting up Event Notifications (Alerts), you can refer to the documentation here: How to create Event Notifications
How do I integrate Slack with UserIQ?
- Navigate to the “Slack” Integration page under Site Settings or simply access the page by clicking the following link: https://app.useriq.com/#!/site/511058301?section=slack
- Select “AUTHORIZE NEW SLACK CHANNEL”. This will redirect you to the Slack authentication page (if you aren’t logged in to Slack, you would be prompted to do so and upon login, you will be redirected to this page).
Please Note: UserIQ Event Notifications will be able to access information about UserIQ, including name, email domain, and icon.
- Select the channel to which you would like UserIQ’s event notifications to be sent, this channel can be a direct message to individual users or to a group channel, and click “Authorize”.
- Upon authorization, you will be redirected to the Slack Integration Page in UserIQ. This page will display the authorized Slack channel in the table on the page with the Icon, Team, Channel Name, Created Time, and Testing/Deletion options.
- To test your integration, you can click the “Test” option in the “Test/Delete” column. Upon confirmation, this will send a test message to the specific Slack channel.
Example Test Message:
- To delete the integration, you can click the “Delete” option for the specific Slack channel in the list view. Upon confirmation, the Slack channel will be deleted from the interface.
- You can set as many Slack channel integrations as needed.
- To send alerts directly to your personal Slack channel, you can select your personal Slack channel from the drop-down.
Once this integration is successfully set up, you can create an Event Notification to be delivered to one of your existing Slack channels directly. Please refer to the following screenshot and this article: How to create Event Notifications for more information on setting up Event Notifications.