Internally we traverse the views of the current screen of the app to determine which tagged screen is currently showing. Screen Tagging works by capturing a screen and selecting a combination of elements that can uniquely identify the screen. In order to make the screen detection faster follow the following tips:
- Tag the minimum number of elements possible for a screen, making sure the screen is distinguishable with other tagged screens.
- Make the 'id' of the view elements unique, across the application. So, the attributes of the tagging elements can only be 'id'.
- Elements of the screen are limited to the important ones only. Avoid adding all the elements of the screen.
- The attributes selected for a tagged element should make the element unique across the application. Any fault in tagging the element can lead to wrong screen detection.
- The ideal selection of elements will be, only those elements, that are not found in any other screen except for the one that you're tagging. Tagging elements present in multiple screens can lead to wrong screen detection.