If a campaign isn’t appearing or working as expected, you can follow the steps outlined in this article to resolve the issue or to help you get our support team the information needed to troubleshoot your issue.
How to Troubleshoot:
If you or a user are not receiving the campaign as intended, go to Campaigns > Campaigns > and click into the name of the Campaign and review the Campaign Interactions or Survey Responses. Have any other users viewed it? If someone else has viewed the campaign but you have not, ask yourself the following questions (if not, skip to Part II of this article)
I. Basic Troubleshooting
A. Does the user belong to the audience segment set for the campaign? Export the audience segment for the campaign by going to Intelligence > Segments. Click into the segment name > Export. If the user is not part of the segment, they will not receive the campaign.
B. Did the user visit the page which has been set for this campaign? Visit Campaigns > Edit Campaign for this campaign > Display. Is a specific page set? If so, did the user visit this page?
C. Has the campaign been triggered for this user already? If the campaign does not have Show More Than Once enabled (Campaigns > Campaigns > Edit Campaign > Display) it will only be presented once. To view it again, go to Health > Users > click into the User name > select the History tab, and click the Show Again icon for the campaign you’d like to view again. Note: if a tour has been fully completed once, it will not show again regardless of the Display setting unless ‘Show Again’ is clicked for that user under the “history” tab of their user page.
D. All of the Campaign History statuses below will result in the campaign being counted as Shown:
- Presented: The campaign was triggered but you did not interact with it.
- Close (Tooltip): You closed the campaign by clicking/hover away.
- Open (Tooltip): You opened the tooltip and changed the browser before taking any other action with it.
- Dismissed: You clicked away or otherwise exited from the campaign.
- Take: You have accepted to view the campaign OR you have clicked a Take Me There button option for a campaign - typically a survey or tour.
E. Is the Status of the campaign set to Active? - If the campaign is in Paused or Preview state, it will not display to the segmented users for the campaign.
Pro tip 1: If a campaign is in Preview, it will repeatedly display to all of your internal UserIQ users who are logged into the UserIQ app at the same time. It will not record campaign results for those users. It will not show to your end users scoped in the segment for the campaign.
Pro tip 2: If you have scheduled the campaign to be activated at a later date, the campaign will have a status of Paused in your list view until the scheduled time and date.
You can find more about Scheduling Campaigns Here.
II. Advanced Troubleshooting
If you answered Yes to all of the questions above and are still not seeing the campaign, here are some ways to find additional information that will help UserIQ Support troubleshoot your campaign:
1. Right-click while you are on the page in your platform on which the campaign should display and click Inspect.
2. Next, select the Network tab and type in the word check, as seen in the image below:
3. Now refresh the window on the top left-hand corner of the browser. You should see a check call come in, as seen in the image below;
If you consistently see a 200 or success for status after refreshing the window 5 times but are yet to view the campaign in question,
If you are seeing anything else apart from 200 (such as a red "canceled" or "500" status), please submit a ticket to our support team here with as much detail as possible.