If an engagement isn’t appearing or working as expected, you can follow the steps outlined in this article to resolve the issue or to help you get our support team the information needed to troubleshoot your issue.
How to Troubleshoot
If you or a user are not receiving the engagement as intended, go to Engagements > Engagements > and click into the name of the Engagement and review the Engagement Interactions or Survey Responses. Have any other users viewed it? If someone else has viewed the engagement but you have not, ask yourself the following questions (if not, skip to Part II of this article)
I. Basic Troubleshooting
A. Does the user belong to the audience segment set for the engagement? Export the audience segment for the engagement by going to Intelligence > Segments. Click into the segment name > Export. If the user is not part of the segment, they will not receive the engagement.
B. Did the user visit the page which has been set for this engagement? Visit Engagements > Edit Engagement for this engagement > Display. Is a specific page set? If so, did the user visit this page?
C. Has the engagement been triggered for this user already? If the engagement does not have Show More Than Once enabled (Engagements > Engagements > Edit Engagement > Display) it will only be presented once. To view it again, go to Health > Users > click into the User name > select the History tab, and click the Show Again icon for the engagement you’d like to view again. Note: if a tour has been fully completed once, it will not show again regardless of the Display setting unless ‘Show Again’ is clicked for that user under the “history” tab of their user page.
D. All of the Engagement History statuses below will result in the engagement being counted as Shown:
- Presented: The engagement was triggered but you did not interact with it.
- Close (Tooltip): You closed the engagement by clicking/hover away.
- Open (Tooltip): You opened the tooltip and changed the browser before taking any other action with it.
- Dismissed: You clicked away or otherwise exited from the engagement.
- Take: You have accepted to view the engagement OR you have clicked a Take Me There button option for an engagement - typically a survey or tour.
E. Is the Status of the engagement set to Active? - If the engagement is in Paused or Preview state, it will not display to the segmented users for the engagement.
Pro tip 1: If an engagement is in Preview, it will repeatedly display to all of your internal UserIQ users who are logged into the UserIQ app at the same time. It will not record engagement results for those users. It will not show to your end users scoped in the segment for the engagement.
Pro tip 2: If you have scheduled the engagement to be activated at a later date, the engagement will have a status of Paused in your list view until the scheduled time and date.
You can find more about Scheduling Engagements Here.
II. Advanced Troubleshooting
If you answered Yes to all of the questions above and are still not seeing the engagement, here are some ways to find additional information that will help UserIQ Support troubleshoot your engagement:
1. Right-click while you are on the page in your platform on which the engagement should display and click Inspect.
2. Next, select the Network tab and type in the word check, as seen in the image below:
3. Now refresh the window on the top left-hand corner of the browser. You should see a check call come in, as seen in the image below;
If you consistently see a 200 or success for status after refreshing the window 5 times but are yet to view the engagement in question,
If you are seeing anything else apart from 200 (such as a red "canceled" or "500" status), please submit a ticket to our support team here with as much detail as possible.