What are UserIQ Notifications?
UserIQ notifications conveniently deliver critical customer action and information straight to you. Notifications send alerts through email, Slack integration, or webhooks to let you know when critical events happen in an account or individual user. You can use notifications for alerts like when a renewal date is approaching or if your composite NPS score drops below a certain threshold.
EVENT NOTIFICATION SETUP
- To begin setting up a Notification, navigate to the Intelligence menu on the top right of the platform and select Notifications.
- Once on the Notifications page, you will select the teal + Create Notification button at top right corner.
- Name your Notification.
- After naming the Notification, select the Filter by Segment toggle. This toggle allows you to select the segment you want to be notified about.
- If you're wanting a notification for composite NPS results then this may apply to all accounts and users. However, if you’re focused on the login activity of a specific account, then a more specific segment is required.
- The type of event that you select may influence the segment you choose.
- After selecting a segment, scroll down and choose if this is an account or user level Notification.
- Account - any activity from any user within the account will trigger one Notification for the account.
- User - A user notification will trigger anytime a user meets the criteria for the Notification, and the Notification will be specific to the user.
- Next, you will determine the delivery method of your Notification.
- Email - add the recipient email.
- Slack - prior to choosing this delivery method, the Slack Integration will need to be set up. For more information on this process check out UserIQ Slack Integration article.
- Webhooks - enter the webhook url.
EDIT YOUR TRIGGERS
After completing the Edit Notification steps, you will select Edit Triggers at the bottom right of the page:
On this page you will choose what triggers the sending of the Notification.
The triggers will be sent either by an event or by a user attribute.
The events are actions your customers take within your application, such as logging in, responding to NPS surveys, or interacting with engagements.
User attributes can include many options, but the data must be accessible to UserIQ through the tracking code or via integrations.
Once your trigger has been chosen, save your Notification by selecting Save Notification at the bottom right.