The Power of Segmentation
Why Do We Segment?
SPECIFIC ENGAGEMENT TARGETING
Segmentation is also used to create a demographic of users and to observe their behavior in aggregate. You can see when they access the site, how many pages they view and more.
For detailed information on Segment Detail pages, please visit our article on Segment Detail (Dashboard Guide).
How to Create a Segment.
Create a segment by clicking on the Intelligence drop-down at the top right of the platform. From the drop-down selection, click on Segments.
Click the teal +Create a Segment button in the top right
First step: Name your segment.
Second step: Add filters to define your segment.
Example: To make a segment for users who have recently signed up and who work at Example, Inc (Account ID: 8302), you would:
- Select “User Attribute” under the User Specific filters on the left panel of your screen.
- Under User Attribute, include users where “Account ID” “Equals” “8302”
- Select “Sign Up Date”under the Time Related filters on the left panel of your screen.
- Under Sign Up Date, include users who signed up“Before” “Equals” “May 1, 2021”
- Select the teal Save Segment button at the bottom right corner of your screen.
You can remove a filter at any time by clicking on the X on the top right corner of the filter.
How Do I Segment My Engagements?
When creating an engagement, you must select an audience. The audience of an engagement can be customized to be everyone, a group of people or even a specific person. Audience filtering is identical to segmentation.
This is what the segmenting tab willlook like when creating your engagement: